Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowed in with thoughts



While sitting here snowed in with 2 feet of snow outside, I am thinking about my decision to have WLS. I do know that it was a very important decision for me and that my health depended on it. This entire experience has been nerve wreaking, exciting and rewarding all in one. I basically made the decision on my own with no opinions of others. Once I mentioned it to family and friends, it wasn't a "hey what you think about" it was more " I have decided to have lap band surgery. My friends and family know me so they never questioned me or dared to give an opinion. My mother was more nervous the closer the date came and was a wreak on the day of surgery. But she said she was so proud of me and how I was such a trooper with my recovery. So I made my mother proud by just getting out the bed to use the restroom and walk around the hospital ASAP.

My recovery was up and down but I survived. Right now, I am trying to figure out what I can and can not eat. I got stuck for the first time today on a squash casserole. Mind you I chewed until it was just mush but it just isn't for me I guess. Starting tomorrow I need a eating routine if this is to work properly. I have been able to determine when I am full but I want to be sure I have enough protein. Drinking before and after meals are fine. So eating will be an issue for now. I just hope by the new year I have it together.

I also plan to start seriously working out in January. I don't want any skin to be hanging TOO low. I understand that I may have some form of skin but my goal is not to have an excessive amount. I wish there were trainers that were familiar with lap band patients and knew just how to work with em. My main concern is my port. My doctor said that I shouldn't do any ab work for about 2 months. And I agree because I still can hardly roll on my side in the bed without this sharp pain in the middle of my stomach. However, I am anxious to have a flatter stomach. Don't get me wrong, it is alot smaller than before the surgery and I am happy.
And I finally uploaded the pics of my incisions. I guess I will go read a few more blogs. 2 weeks in the house is getting old.

Waiting to go back for surgery. Lord, don't hate on the outfit. LOL




These are my incisions. I am so happy to get those surgical strips off.


No comments:

Post a Comment