Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Everything running smooth


I sat here and read all my posts since surgery and realized that I am not painting a pretty picture for those making the decision to have lapband surgery. When my mother was here she said to be truthful on my blog and I was. But I want to make it clear that everyone experience with surgery is different. Keep in mind that I have never had a baby nor have I ever had any time of surgery before my lapband. My threshold of pain is VERY low and I needed a little more medication than alot others that have posted on LBT.


Now that I have made that clear, today was a good day. I had some pureed chili YUMMMY!!! I also realized that a nap is needed. Almost 2 weeks out and I am just now realizing this. I believe I just wanted to enjoy my mother and grandmother as much as I could since I don't see them but once a year. They are in Alabama and I am in DC. That is a great distance but a girl has to do what she has to do career wise. And they understand. Now my father, I am daddies little girl and he wants me close. He will be alright though.


I am pushing myself a little each day that because I am really the independent type. I have figured out ways to bend and pick up things. I fix my own food and drinks at times. My friend gets upset because she doesn't want me to pull anything. I try to assure her that my nurse stated that I would be fine. I am also getting in and out of bed just fine.


I am very proud of myself. Yes, I was being a little baby about the pain but like I said the most pain I received was bumping my toe on a wall. I can't wait until my follow up appointment on Friday to see if I am on track.


Until Friday my friends, unless something exciting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment