It has been a week since I had my surgery. This has been a very challenging week due to pain and all. But today is another good day considering my mistake on Sunday. My mother left to return home on Sunday and I wanted to see her off. I was feeling great and felt that I could ride 20 miles to an airport. I thought wrong. By the time I returned home I was in so much pain. My pain meds was running low and the pain felt like Day 2 and 3 all over again. I was so bummed out because I have set myself back. I called my doctor's office and he assured me that I didn't tear anything and prescribed me another pain killer. All I have to say is, I feel NOTHING. These meds are awesome. What I have is the generic to Darvocet. From what I here, it is the best pain med to have and I see why.
Now on to my eating patterns. I am able to eat soup and cream of wheat now. The all liquids was not doing the job as far as fulfillment. One thing I have noticed is that my taste buds aren't all there. The soup isn't all that tasty or the cream of wheat but you have to do what you have to do. Also, it taste WAY better than that nastiness I had to drink during pre op. Everything seems to be working well. I have also lost a few more pounds and is 259 pounds. This is so unreal to me. Last month I would have never thought I would be 30 pounds lighter before Christmas.
Well, the meds has me dosing off. So I will be back with more updates later.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so great! Already 30 pounds! Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep those pain meds going!
ReplyDelete