
On 9/11/2009, I followed through on the biggest decision of my life. I had my Initial consultation for weight loss surgery. For years I have tried many diets, trainers, gym memberships, and nothing was ever permenant. In July 2009, I stood on my scale and it read 285 pounds. This was the heaviest I had ever been in my LIFE!!! At that moment, I knew something had to be done. In August, I made a visit to my dietian that I have stopped seeing and decided I would have Lap band surgery.
This decision was the hardest decision ever. You first wonder "Am I taking the easy way out" or "Why couldnt I do it myself". But when you do your research, go to the information session , and talk with your surgeon, you realize this is all on you. It is only a tool and it is up to you to make it work. That bit of information alone helped me make my decision, along with knees swelling and screaming and my blood pressure pills.
As of today, I am back to the weight that initiated this decision. I was so shocked when I weighed in at the Initial consulation to be 290 pounds. JESUS!!! But I knew I had made the right decision. The process is pretty simple, at least for me. I was told that because I have federal insurance that the requirements aren't as vicourious. Although my insurance plan doesnt require a 6 month monitored diet, my doctor wants me to lose a lil weight before I start my 3 week liquid pre op diet. So far, 5 pounds has come off. The next step is to add some cardio and see what happens.
On 10/6/2009, my documents were submitted for approval to my insurance company. Normally the process takes 15 days or less. I didn't expect so much anticipation and excitement. Tomorrow, I plan to walk 2 miles on the nature trail by my apartment. This shall be interesting.
Right now I want to thank my mother for being so supportive of my decision and my friends for not being judgemental. I want to thank Catherine55 for her inspirational blog, it has really helped me with my decision. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Here is the start of my journey people. LET'S DO IT!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment